Please note that individual contests may have additional or updated rules.
1. No purchase or cash transaction necessary to enter contest.
2. Void where prohibited by federal, State of AL, or local laws. You Must be a legal state of Alabama resident 18 years of age or older to participate in all contest on any SRMG station unless specified otherwise.
3. Winning households are ineligible to win another prize on the station for 30 days or for the duration of any contest, whichever occurs first.
4. Winners are responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes, which may be payable due to receipt of prize.
5. Participants may not use sophisticated telephone or computer equipment to win the contest. Winners who are found to have used such equipment will be disqualified.
6. SRMG reserves the right to cancel the promotion at any time. All prize award decisions are final. The decisions of SRMG management are final. SRMG may change rules at any time during contest.
7. Winners must agree to release and hold harmless SRMG and its affiliates, agencies, advertisers, sponsors, licensees, and immediate families from claims, liabilities, or legal actions which may arise as a result of winning a prize in the contest.
8. Employees, agencies, representatives, affiliates, and immediate families of SRMG and any official contest/promotion participant, and employees of other radio stations licensed to communities in the Hunstville-Decatur market of the same are not eligible.
9. Prizes may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for other prizes by winner. Prizes are non-transferable. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute for prize.
10. To be eligible to win, each winner will be required to sign a release giving SRMG permission to use his or her name, picture, portrait, likeness and voice for publicity purposes connected with this promotion without additional compensation. Winners will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and release as a condition of winning. Where applicable, tax forms must be completed.
11. Winners must present a photo id (driver’s license, passport, etc) before prize will be distributed. All insurance costs are the responsibility of the winner.
12. Prizes must be claimed at 520 East Second St. Muscle Shoals, AL 35661. Office hours are Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:00pm (excluding holidays). Winners have thirty (30) days to claim prize. Prizes will not be mailed unless approval is granted by management.
13. Prizes not claimed in 30 thirty days will be forfeited by winner.
14. By entering, entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify SRMG and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant’s participation, or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion.
15. SRMG is not responsible in the event of any technical difficulties with any equipment, including telephone equipment during any and all contests.
16. SRMG is not responsible for any events beyond their control (acts of God, canceled concert, artist or performer non-appearance, etc).
17. Contest rules may vary with individual contests. All decisions of SRMG are final. By participating in any contest on any SRMG station, constitutes acknowledgment by you to abide by all contest rules stated of the decisions of SRMG.
18. For a list of prizewinners for any particular contest, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Contest Winners” ATTN: (INSERT NAME OF CONTEST HERE), Singing River Media Group, 520 East Second St. Muscle Shoals, AL 35661.
Contest open only to legal residents of the U.S. residing in the state of Alabama. Employees Of Singing River Media Group, WLAY-FM, WLAY-AM, WMXV, WMSR, WVNA, and any of their respective affiliated companies, their franchisees, parents, equity holders, subsidiaries, employees, officers, directors, partners and advertising and promotional agencies involved in this promotion, members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and their spouses, regardless of where they live) of such employees or persons who reside in the same household whether related or not, are not eligible to participate.
In order to claim all prizes, winners must present at least one form of valid government-issued identification to verify information given to the talent or producer at the time of winning and sign an affidavit of release. If it is first time winning, WINNER MUST ALSO BRING SOCIAL SECURITY CARD OR SOME GOVERNMENT ISSUED IDENTIFICATION WITH THE SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER ON IT. If winner does not have proper identification or the affidavit is not signed, the prize will not be awarded.
Winners are responsible for all taxes on cash and prizes.
All prizes must be picked up between 9am and 5pm, Monday thru Friday excluding holidays. All prizes must be picked up by date stated by personality or producer at time of winning or within five business days after notification by station representative or the prize is forfeited.
Once you win on any station you cannot win on another Singing River Media Group station for ninety days.
One winner per station, per family, per household every ninety days.
All winners must come in person to claim their prize. If you are unable to come in person, you may send an agent to pick up your prize with a signed letter from you authorizing that person to pick up your prize. Your agent must bring a copy of your government-issued i.d. as well. The agent must have their own form of identification .
If the winner is under 18 years of age, he or she must be accompanied by a parent or guardian with proper identification to claim prize.
Prizes may not be traded, sold, and prize is not substitutable or exchangeable. Prize details are subject to change. All costs and expenses related to accepting the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
By participating, entrants agree to the use of their name, address and or likenesses for advertising purposes without notice or compensation, and as a condition of their claiming any prize be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and publicity release. Each entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless Singing River Media Group, WLAY, WMXV, WMSR, WVNA, and its member teams or any of their respective franchisees, affiliates, parents, equity holders, subsidiaries, prize suppliers, employees, officers, directors, partners and advertising and promotional agencies from any and all claims or damages arising out of participation in this contest and use/misuse after acceptance or possession of prizes received in this contest.
In cases of concert or event cancellations. Singing River Media Group, WLAY, WMXV, WMSR, and WVNA are not responsible for event cancellations. WLAY, WMXV, WMSR, and WVNA will not replace tickets in the event of a cancellation, but the 90-day rule will not apply in the event of a cancellation. No purchase is ever necessary to win.
Singing River Media Group, WLAY, WMXV, WMSR, and WVNA are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for flights or prize events that are canceled, rescheduled or delayed. All cancellations are deemed beyond the control of radio stations and its sponsors. This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, schedule changes, flight cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, as well as all delays or cancellations due to acts of nature, terrorism (including threats), illness or war. The radio stations are not responsible for any expenses incurred by contest winners as a result of such cancellations, delays or other circumstances beyond our control. However, the 90 day rule will not apply in the event of such event cancellations, delays or rescheduling.
Any tickets awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer or sponsor.
Except by the radio stations, which reserves the right in sole discretion to substitute a prize or prize portion with another prize or prize portion of greater or equal value, prize(s) may not be redeemed for cash, substituted, transferred or assigned, except as may be determined by the radio stations at their or its sole and absolute discretion on a case-by-case basis.
All prize(s) will have a declared value which is established by the radio stations in their sole discretion. All Prize(s) are awarded “AS-Is” without any warranty of any kind and any such warranties are herein affirmatively disclaimed.
Odds of winning depend upon the how the Contest is conducted. For random drawings, the odds of winning will depend upon the number of entries received.
If for any reason a Contest cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, unavailability of prizes, or any other causes beyond the control of the radio stations that may corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, or if the Contest is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the radio stations reserve the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, and/or modify the Contest without prior notice. If the Contest is terminated before the original end date, the radio stations reserve the right, in its sole discretion to, to modify the procedure for selecting winners, unless the nature of the event giving rise to such termination renders it impossible to select winner(s).
All contestant telephone calls to the radio stations will be recorded and may be played back on the air for promotional purposes. By participating in a contest, each contestant automatically grants the radio stations the right to publicize the contestant’s name, likeness and voice through any medium without royalty or other remuneration for such use. in addition, each contestant also hereby waives any right to inspect or approve the finished copy of any media, broadcast, advertising material and/or any radio stations use of such recorded material in its sole discretion.
By participating in the contest and/or accepting the prize(s), each contestant acknowledges that there could be certain considerations and/or risks associated with the contest and/or winning the prize(s) and further acknowledges that it is the contestant’s responsibility to abide by all terms of general and/or specific contest rules (as applicable) and exercise any safety precautions associated with contest participation and/or winning prize(s). Therefore, for good and valuable consideration the sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged each contestant, and his or her heirs, agents and assigns agree to hold harmless the radio stations and their respective affiliates subsidiaries, employees, agents, owners, officers, directors, prize provider(s)and/or sponsor(s), event location operators and their respective assigns from any and/all claims, liabilities, demands, attorney’s fees or other unforeseen acts of any kind whatsoever, including but not limited to any restrictions or requirements of providers, of the contest participation and judging, and/or winning or awarding prize(s, and any other consideration, that may result from, the contest participation and/or the winning of prize(s).
Any prize that consists of an opportunity to meet with, participate in an activity with, interview or have similar interaction with any celebrity (other than radio station employees) is contingent upon the celebrity appearing for such activity/event, which is beyond the radio stations’ control. Radio station is not responsible if a winner and/or his/her guests are unable to meet such celebrity or participate in the associated activity if the celebrity determines this is not allowable for any reason or fails to appear/participate for any reason, including without limitation any illness, act of god, scheduling conflict or any other reason, radio station is not responsible for such portion of the prize, which has no monetary value, and no alternate prize will be awarded and the event/activity will not be rescheduled. In the event that radio station elects, at its sole discretion, to attempt to reschedule any such event/activity or offer an alternative prize, the radio stations will have no obligation whatsoever to offer any other alternate prize if such attempt to reschedule or other offer is not accepted by or utilized by winner for any reason whatsoever.
- 73.1216 Licensee-conducted contests.
(a) A licensee that broadcasts or advertises information about a contest it conducts shall fully and accurately disclose the material terms of the contest, and shall conduct the contest substantially as announced or advertised over the air or on the Internet. No contest description shall be false, misleading or deceptive with respect to any material term.
(b) The disclosure of material terms shall be made by the station conducting the contest by either:
(1) Periodic disclosures broadcast on the station; or
(2) Written disclosures on the station’s Internet Web site, the licensee’s Web site, or if neither the individual station nor the licensee has its own Web site, any Internet Web site that is publicly accessible.
(c) In the case of disclosure under paragraph (b)(1) of this section, a reasonable number of periodic broadcast disclosures is sufficient. In the case of disclosure under paragraph (b)(2) of this section, the station shall:
(1) Establish a conspicuous link or tab to material contest terms on the home page of the Internet Web site;
(2) Announce over the air periodically the availability of material contest terms on the Web site and identify the Web site address where the terms are posted with information sufficient for a consumer to find such terms easily; and
(3) Maintain material contest terms on the Web site for at least thirty days after the contest has concluded. Any changes to the material terms during the course of the contest must be fully disclosed on air within 24 hours of the change on the Web site and periodically thereafter or the fact that such changes have been made must be announced on air within 24 hours of the change, and periodically thereafter, and such announcements must direct participants to the written disclosures on the Web site. Material contest terms that are disclosed on an Internet Web site must be consistent in all substantive respects with those mentioned over the air.
Note 1 to § 73.1216:
For the purposes of this section:
(a) A contest is a scheme in which a prize is offered or awarded, based upon chance, diligence, knowledge or skill, to members of the public.
(b) Material terms include those factors which define the operation of the contest and which affect participation therein. Although the material terms may vary widely depending upon the exact nature of the contest, they will generally include: How to enter or participate; eligibility restrictions; entry deadline dates; whether prizes can be won; when prizes can be won; the extent, nature and value of prizes; basis for valuation of prizes; time and means of selection of winners; and/or tie-breaking procedures.
Note 2 to § 73.1216: In general, the time and manner of disclosure of the material terms of a contest are within the licensee’s discretion. However, the obligation to disclose the material terms arises at the time the audience is first told how to enter or participate and continues thereafter.
Note 3 to § 73.1216: This section is not applicable to licensee-conducted contests not broadcast or advertised to the general public or to a substantial segment thereof, to contests in which the general public is not requested or permitted to participate, to the commercial advertisement of non-licensee-conducted contests, or to a contest conducted by a non-broadcast division of the licensee or by a non-broadcast company related to the licensee.